- 2 small or 1 large frozen box of creamed spinach, thawed
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 1/2 onion, sauteed in olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or may substitute other type)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (or part half-n-half)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
For crustless version, spray deep dish pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. For traditional version, start with pre-made crust or rolled crust dough in deep dish pie plate. Dot half the spinach and half the onion. Top with sliced cheese. Add remaining spinach and onion. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Mix eggs and milk along with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Pour into pie plate. Bake at 375 for 45 mins.
Options: Add bell pepper (saute with onions) and/or sundried tomato or any other veggie left-overs you may have.